|Contact me through the “contact me” link above.|
Public Relations and Guest Service professional seeking position within a public relations or integrated marketing communication environment that leverages my skills in client relations, writing, event management, and digital and social media communications. Secondary titles are hospitality related working with reservations and group contracts.
Group Rooms Coordinator at Omni Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. (05/2019 – 3/22/20)
- Reason for leaving: Furloughed from COVID-19.
- Prepared daily pick up numbers in Opera, provided groups with rooming lists, navigated inquiry calls to Managers depending on market assignment.
- Prepared proposals, agreements, room block/ catering contracts, and Delphi sales reports. Maintained a healthy relationship and promoted the facilities of the Hotel to new and existing customers through a proactive approach.
- Coordinated and responded to all requests of Hotel sites for prospective business. Attended network and promotional events to develop and maintain contact with existing and potential clients.
Resort Experience Planner ~ Omni Grove Park Inn » Asheville, NC ~ 11/2017-Present
- Coordinating activities for guests while managing own schedule of emails, inbound and outbound calls, voicemails, and responding
to guests special requests and occasions.
- Booking of spa, dining, golf, room upgrades, and being extremely flexible with multi-tasking and able to keep track of sales.
- Received many high praises from customers on going the extra mile for their needs prior to theirstay.
- Managed multiple computer programs while on phone calls and coordinated with guests through many forms of communication to achieve maximum revenue.
Reservations Agent ~ Omni Grove Park Inn » Asheville, NC ~ 02/2017-11/2017
- Accurate input of sales while maximizing potential room revenue while enhancing guest experience.
- Able to work independently, multitask, and respond to guests in timely manner.
- Maintain professionalism in working environment with open communication while working with property-wide departments to ensure guest satisfaction while adhering to Omni policies.
Top Seller ~ Bath & Body Works » Asheville, NC ~ 11/2015 – 02/2017
- New store position that includes leadership roles and requires the highest selling numbers to maintain position.
- Task management, training staff, product knowledge, selling strategy, communication, exceeding store / individual goals.
Marketing / Public Relations / Special Events Intern ~ Great Smoky Mountains Railroad » Bryson City, NC ~ 05/2015 – 10/2015
- Managed marketing support and materials for special event train excursions.
- Assisted with website and online image.
- Supported special events manager develop specialty excursions – Dinotrain, Polar Express, Great Pumpkin Patch Express.
- Responsibilities included event staff management, responding to customer e-mails, sending invitations to special excursions, marketing support activities, brochure replenishment and networking, and company website support.
Social Media and Digital Design Leader – Commission pay~ TwistekCase » Waynesville, NC ~ 05/2015 – 07/2015
- Assisted Kickstarter campaign managing graphic design, social media calendar, blogging, and timeline.
- Relayed key messages and required supreme task management and timing during the campaign.
- Created 12 pieces of web and print materials, as well as monthly calendar for social media.
- Conducted interviews and blog posts.
Public Relations Specialist – nonpaid ~ Jackson County Green Energy Park » Dillsboro, NC ~ 01/2015 – 05/2015
- As part of requirements for WCU’s communication degree, developed and executed Public Relations Campaign designed to educate Jackson County Commissioners on JCGEP’s many benefits to western North Carolina community and environment.
- JCGEP received budget increase from our efforts. In addition, we educated and influenced Jackson County Commissioners to call more attention to JCGEP when considering funding and how it affects the small town of Dillsboro.
- Our team created a crisis communication public relations plan in case of emergencies.
- Assistant Framing Manager ~ Michael’s Arts and Crafts » Waynesville, NC ~ 09/2012 – 11/2014
- Advertising ~ Signature Brew Coffee » Sylva, NC ~ for Advertising Writing class at WCU ~ 2014
- Volunteer Cat Sitter ~ Sarge’s Animal Rescue Foundation » Waynesville, NC ~ 2013
Western Carolina University » Cullowhee, NC ~ 2015
Bachelor of Communication ~ Concentration: Public Relations / Minor: Political Science
- GPA 3.5 ~ Dean’s List
- President of Public Relations Student Society of America ~ 2015
Personal and Professional Interests
- Professional: PRSA member
- College-Related: PRSSA President (2015) Phi Theta Kappa (2013)
- Personal Hobbies/Interests: blogging, crafts, and sewing.